Monday, July 27, 2009

Flourless Peanut Butter Blossoms


Peanut butter blossoms with dark hershey kisses.

There are some things that are just meant to be together: health care and reform, mario and luigi, and of course peanut butter and chocolate! Now one of my favorite recipes involving those two ingredients is peanut butter blossoms. My bff, Travis, recently sent me a recipe for flourless pb blossoms. Wait, no flour? I was highly skeptical, but Travis said they were amazing and super easy to make.


Bringing the dough together.

If you are looking for a simple recipe, you need look no further! This recipe requires four ingredients: egg, sugar, peanut butter, and hershey kisses. The dough comes together quite easily. I recommend chilling it for 10 min before rolling the balls out.


Into the oven they go!

In ten minutes, these babies are ready to be taken out of the oven, and kissed with some delicious dark chocolate. I recommend having the kisses unwrapped before you remove the cookies from the oven. The kisses need to be pushed into the cookies while they are still soft and warm.


Mmm choco peanut butter.

These cookies are much richer than the blossoms that are made with flour. If you are looking for a simple rich treat, I would recommend them. Also, what can be better than a recipe sent with love from an old friend? Thanks Travis!

Flourless Peanut Butter Blossom Recipe (makes about 20 cookies)

1 egg
1 cup sugar (I used 3/4)
1 cup peanut butter (I used all natural pb)
20 dark chocolate hersheys kisses

  1. Heat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. In a mixer bowl, beat together the egg, peanut butter, and sugar until a dough forms.
  3. Shape the dough into small balls and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake for 10 minutes.
  5. *Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie.

4 comments:

travisparkerlee said...

yay, looks delicious! =]

Gastronomer said...

Mmm! I love intense flavors! I've got a big jar of trans-fat laden PB sitting around the house that's gonna be put to good use soon ;-)

Unknown said...

I've totally made these before, they are awesome!

Unknown said...

I made these with my mom when I was a kid. I called them Cyclops Cookies!