Friday, November 12, 2010

FFWD: Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux


Roast Chicken with potatoes, carrots, and onions.

For this French Friday with Dorie I decided to make the roast chicken for les paresseux. Les Paresseux means "lazy people." I love recipes for lazy people. My mom has a fabulous recipe for lemon roast chicken, that is extremely easy and delicious, so I was hoping for similar results.


Roast chicken in dutch oven, stuffed with garlic and herbs.

This recipe really is rather lazy. You simply season and stuff the chicken with half a head of garlic, fresh rosemary, thyme, and oregano and put it in a dutch oven for 90 minutes. BAM! Dinner is served. (Emeril couldn't have said it better.)


New Le Creuset! Thanks Mom and Dad!

The great thing about this dish is that it will give you chicken for days to come! There are only two in this household, so I have been eating chicken sandwiches for lunch (which are delicious). It's like I'm preparing for Thanksgiving early. But seriously, the chicken is extremely moist and allows you to spend time doing other things (like baking cookies or watching reruns of "Parks and Recreation" - you know the important things).


Beautiful bird out of the oven.

12 comments:

Cher Rockwell said...

I am looking forward to trying this one. Love the color of your dutch oven!

Steph said...

Looks quite yummy! Yeah for the new dutch oven!! I've got to say, when I got mine last year...it literally changed my cooking life!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Your chicken looks delicious! Love the green Le Crueset. I would love to get one of those for Christmas. Glad this was so good!

Flourchild said...

Nice dutch oven, how sweet of your parents! I got a DO 4 months ago and use it all the time! Your chicken looks so good, a perfect winters meal!

Beth said...

Love your new le creuset. I have one the same color and I love it too. Aren"t parents the best. Your meal looks delicious. Thanks for the post I really enjoyed it...B

Good Bite In said...

Pot envy ... enough said!

scrambledhenfruit said...

LOVE your dutch oven. Chicken looks great too- yum!

Cakelaw said...

Woa dude - look at that fabulous big chicken! It looks amazing, and I am very envious of your La Creuset - I don't have one.

Ms. Hobby said...

I love the color of your dutch oven! What is the shade called? I haven't seen one that color before. Thanks!

Amanda said...

That's a big chicken!! I made this last week too - posting next week. My bread turned out soggy too - I threw it under the broiler before serving to dry it up a bit.

Ariel said...

Thank you for all the comments everyone! @Cakelaw I believe the color is "Kiwi". My mom knew it would match the color scheme of my living room. She's so cute!

Mary said...

Yes, I've been eating a lot of leftover chicken too! Glad you found a new 'lazy' recipe, and now have more time for reruns! Now to watch Grey's Anatomy online...
:)
p.s. I want that pot!