Monday, March 30, 2009

Kapp's Pizza and Grill



Gibson Girl - mushroom, zucchini, pineapple, onion, bell pepper, tomato

There are a couple pizza joints on Castro St in downtown Mountain View. Seeing as AJ could eat pizza for every meal, we decided to check out Kapp's Pizza and Grill on Friday night. We were seated promptly and settled on some fried zucchini sticks and the Gibson Girl - a mix of veggies and pineapple. It was time to get back on the veggie track after the jerk chicken feast earlier. While I will eat meat on occasion, I still plan on eating mostly vegetarian.



Fried Zucchini sticks

The zucchini sticks came out first, and were perfectly cooked, nice and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. The breading was flavored with italian seasoning and was light and crispy. My only complaint with the sticks is that they were so skinny, sometimes the breading overpowered the sweet flavors of the zucchini. A thicker cut might solve that problem (I say this like the owners are going to read this).



Cheesy!

The pizza came out fairly quickly. I could tell right away that the pineapple was canned. I guess its hard to expect fresh pineapple from a pizza joint. The crust was thick and yeasty. While enjoyable, it was hardly the best crust I have ever had. Two slices of this pizza was extremely filling. The vegetables were very fresh, and there was tons of garlic. Matt felt it to be a bit overpowering, but if you love garlic like I do, this was a plus!



Another classic Ariel photo. Am I surprised? Am I scared? Am I just zoning out?



Puhlease pineapple!

The staff was very friendly, and our waters were constantly being refilled. The owner even came over to check on us. While I wouldn't say the pizza was amazing, it was decent and the staff certainly take care of you. Kapp's is a place to go for some beers, pizza, and to hang out with friends.

Kapp's Pizza and Grill
191 Castro St
Mountain View, CA

No comments: