Friday, March 27, 2009

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes


Pumpkin Pancakes with Organic Vanilla Ice Cream.

So I have definitely been in the baking mood. One thing I used to love as a child was breakfast for dinner. You mean we can have pancakes for dinner?! Oh the excitement. I wanted to recreate that joy with some whole wheat pumpkin pancakes.

I came across a recipe on the blog "We Are Not Martha" for pumpkin pancakes. They used Trader Joe's pumpkin puree, which is what I had in my pantry! I figured that was a sign. I followed the instructions to a T. The batter was quite thick, and the pancakes were a little denser than I would have liked. The pumpkin flavor could definitely have been amped up. I served mine with vanilla bean organic ice cream and some pumpkin butter to boost the flavor.

While not my favorite pumpkin pancakes, they were still tasty. I think I'll keep looking for that perfect pancake recipe.



Smiles for pumpkin pancakes and eggs!

1.5 out of 3 JAMs

No comments: