Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mmmm Meaty...

I was able to arrive in Boston on a Thursday night due to the generous scheduling policy of my organization. Unfortunately, my consultant bf had to work the following day. I amused myself Friday morning by exploring the Back Bay Area and then met up with him and his friend and co-worker, Justin. AJ, tired of the usual Cosi salad, had a moment of genius and proposed the Carving Station to satiate our hunger.

That huge butcher knife isn't exactly the warm welcome you would hope for...



You can see from the amusing pictures, that this isn't a vegetarian sanctuary.

If you are looking for meat, and lots of it, then this is the place for you. Recommended by the Phantom Gourmet, the Carving Station offers a variety of deli sandwiches, meat platters, and a couple of side dishes.


Pork BBQ sandwich with pita chips.




Always searching for the best pork bbq, AJ bites into his sandwich.


The pork bbq is tasty. The meat is juicy, but the sauce is a little overpowering with a mostly ketchupy flavor. (JAM Note: I personally prefer a little more vinegar to my bbq - Carolina style). The potato bun is available for most sandwiches and tastes like it was freshly baked that morning. Soft on the inside, with just a bit of chew to the exterior, it provides a nice compliment to the large layers of meat inside.



Roast beef with Vermont White Cheddar and bbq sauce.


I chose the roast beef sandwich on a potato bun. This sandwich was amazing. The roast beef was amazingly tender and juicy. Sometimes I just crave red meat and this sandwich certainly provided that fix. AJ agreed that this sandwich kicked butt. The cheddar gave a sharp tang that offset the sweetness of the bbq. I wasn't even hungry, but I had to finish this sandwich.


Large bites are required!



Justin savoring his turkey with cranberry sauce (a trend I am finding among sandwich shops).

I love the combination of roast turkey and cranberry sauce, especially this time of year. Another winner, it seems you can't go wrong here.

The Carving Station

2 out of 3 JAMs


No comments: